flag Iceland Iceland: Introdução

Capital: Reykjavik


Total Population: 381,900
Natural Increase: 2.5%
Density: 4 Inhabitants/km²
Urban Population: 94.0%
Population of main urban zones: Reykjavík (232,300); Njarðvík (19,600); Akureyri (19,100); Selfoss (9,100); Akranes (7,800); Vestmannaeyjar (4,400); Grindavík (3,600); Hveragerði (2,800); Ísafjörður (2,700); Sauðárkrókur (2,700)
Ethnic Origins: 82% of the total population was born in Iceland (with an even mix of Nordic and Celtic descendants), the remaining 18% are foreign nationals (mainly Poles, Lithuanians, Danes, Swedes, Germans, Americans or Filipinos). (Statistics Iceland)
Official Language: Icelandic
Other Languages Spoken: Most of the Icelanders can speak English and Danish.
Business Language(s): English
Religion: Evangelical Lutheran Church of Iceland (official) 73.8%, Roman Catholic 3.6%, other religions 3.9%, none 5.6%, other or unspecified 7.2%

Local Time:

It is %T:%M %A In Reykjavik

Exchange Rate on :

National Currency: Iceland Crown (ISK)

Country Overview

Area: 103,000 km²
Type of State: Republic state based on parliamentary democracy.
Type of Economy: High-income economy, OECD member.
A pioneering country in renewable energy sources; exports of fishery products are dominant in the economy.
HDI*: 0.899/1
HDI (World Rank): 16/188

Note: (*) The HDI, Human Development Index, is an Indicator Which Synthesizes Several Data Such as Life Expectancy, Level of Education, Professional Careers, Access to Culture etc.


Telephone Code:
To call from Iceland, dial 00
To call Iceland, dial +354
Internet Suffix: .is
Computers: 48.3 per 100 Inhabitants
Telephone Lines: 57.6 per 100 Inhabitants
Internet Users: 96.0 per 100 Inhabitants
Access to Electricity: 100% of the Population

Foreign Trade in Figures

Foreign Trade Indicators 20192020202120222023
Imports of Goods (million USD) 6,5675,6977,8179,5919,464
Exports of Goods (million USD) 5,2234,5825,9877,3896,609
Imports of Services (million USD) 3,5582,2012,9024,1524,523
Exports of Services (million USD) 5,6832,5053,5055,5846,662

Source: WTO – World Trade Organisation, Latest data available.


Any Comment About This Content? Report It to Us.

© eexpand, All Rights Reserved.
Latest Update: April 2024